History of The Rotary Foundation

In 1917, RI President Arch C. Klumph proposed that an endownment be set up for the purpose of doing good in the world. In 1928, when the endownment fund had grown to more than US $5,000, it was renamed The Rotary Foundation and it became a district entity within Rotary International. Five Trustees, including Klumph, were appointed to hold, invest, manage and administer all of its property.as a single trust, for the furtherance of the purposes of RI. Two years later, the Foundation made its first grant of $500 to the International Society for crippled Children...........